In recent years, Florida Agricultural Experiment Station breeders have joined forces with Florida Agricultural Experiment Station molecular geneticists. Molecular genetics can make breeding programs more efficient, accelerate progress in breeding, and enable the introduction of novel traits.
This presentation showcases transgenic work being done on Argentine Bahiagrass.
- Agharkar, M., Lomba, P. N., Altpeter, F., Zhang, H., Kenworthy, K. E. and Lange, T. 2007. Stable expression of AtGA2ox1 in a low-input turfgrass (Paspalum notatum Flugge) reduces bioactive gibberellin levels and improves turf quality under field conditions. Plant Biotechnology Journal. 5: 791-801.
This page was last updated on April 27, 2012.
Virtual Reality Tours
- Florida Field
See 360° view of Florida Field from the 45 yard line in the Ben Hill Griffin Stadium.
- Turfgrass Field Laboratory
See 360° view of the C.G. Horn Turfgrass Field Laboratory in Citra.
- Athletic Fields
- Chinch & Bill Bugs
- Fertilization Nutrient Leaching
- Grass Biotechnology
- Rapid Turfgrass Service
- Silicon & Turfgrass
- Smart Water Application Technology
- Turfgrass Cultivars
- Environmental Considerations for Artificial Turfgrass Systems
- Nutrient Leaching
- Turf and the Environment: Can They Co-Exist?
- Water Use and Conservation in Florida Turfgrass