Silicon & Turfgrass
Researchers such as Datnoff have successfully demonstrated that silicon helps plants to overcome various types of stresses and even plays a role in protecting plants from certain pests and diseases. Silicon’s beneficial effects on growth, development, yield, and disease resistance have been observed in turfgrass.
This page was last updated on April 27, 2012.
Virtual Reality Tours
- Florida Field
See 360° view of Florida Field from the 45 yard line in the Ben Hill Griffin Stadium.
- Turfgrass Field Laboratory
See 360° view of the C.G. Horn Turfgrass Field Laboratory in Citra.
- Athletic Fields
- Chinch & Bill Bugs
- Fertilization Nutrient Leaching
- Grass Biotechnology
- Rapid Turfgrass Service
- Silicon & Turfgrass
- Smart Water Application Technology
- Turfgrass Cultivars
- Environmental Considerations for Artificial Turfgrass Systems
- Nutrient Leaching
- Turf and the Environment: Can They Co-Exist?
- Water Use and Conservation in Florida Turfgrass